THANK YOU for your overwhelming support!
Fletcher's Challenge 2013 is shaping up to be our biggest event yet! We have a record number of registrations for both the trail race and the cookie walk! We have now added a FIFTH bus for shuttling runners to the TOP SECRET start location (we only needed three last year)! We also have more families than ever signed up.
THE GOLDEN RULE – If you have a great time tomorrow - TELL YOUR FRIENDS for next year! If you find something that can be improved - TELL US! Above all else, HAVE FUN!
We don't have the exact figures yet, but it is safe to say that we will GREATLY surpass the $6,000 we raised last year that will be used to assist young people to overcome financial barriers so that they can participate in sport activities. THANK YOU.
There will be plenty of same day registration for the cookie walk, but come early. There will be LIMITED same day registration for the trail race, and bus space is limited.
REGISTRATION & BIB PICKUP: 8:30AM-9:30AM
BUSES LEAVE AT 9:30AM SHARP! for ALL Trail Racers
TRAIL RACE & COOKIE WALK: Start Time is 10:00AM
INFO FOR EVERYONE:
· We expect to have 300-500 people up at Westwood Lake so parking will be a challenge. For Nanaimo locals, please car pool if at all possible! COME EARLY!
INFO FOR TRAIL RUNNERS:
- · Course length is 13-14km with +300m/-200m elevation change
- · Water is available at the 8km mark
- · You may want to bring water with you depending on preference. If so, fill your water at Westwood Lake BEFORE you get on the bus
- · There will be NO water and NO washrooms at the start line. Please use the facilities at Westwood Lake BEFORE boarding the bus at 9:30
- · The buses will leave at 9:25 and 9:30 DO NOT MISS THEM!
- · There will be hampers available at the start line to leave any clothing etc that you do not want to race with. These items will be brought back to the finish line at Westwood Lake. NO VALUABLES! We will not be responsible for lost or stolen items!
- · DO NOT leave anything on the bus!
- · Cutoff at the 8k water station will be 1:10 (approx 9 mins/km). Runners missing this cutoff will be shuttled to the finish line. This km pace equates with our slowest finishers last year, so we hope that everyone will make the cutoff :)
Thanks again, and see you out there tomorrow!