THANK YOU for your overwhelming support!
Fletcher’s Challenge 2014 is shaping up to possibly be the biggest event yet! We have a record number of registrations for both the trail race and the cookie walk! The energy is overwhelming! We have five busses for shuttling trail runners to the TOP SECRET start location!
THE GOLDEN RULE – If you have a great time tomorrow - TELL YOUR FRIENDS for next year! If you find something that can be improved - TELL US! Above all else, HAVE FUN!
We don’t have the exact figures yet, but it is safe to say that we are definitely giving the 2013 numbers a run for their money. The funds raised will be used to assist young people overcome financial barriers so that they can participate in sport activities. THANK YOU.
When and Where: Friday, April 18, 2014 @ Westwood Lake
REGISTRATION & BIB PICKUP: 8:30-9:30AM (Point to Point Trail Race Caps at 250 Racers)
BUSSES LEAVE AT 9:30AM SHARP! for all Trail Racers
TRAIL RACE & COOKIE WALK: Start Time is 10:00AM
INFO FOR EVERYONE:
· We expect to have 400-500 people up at Westwood Lake so parking will be a challenge. For Nanaimo locals, please car pool if at all possible! COME EARLY!
INFO FOR TRAIL RUNNERS:
- · Course length is 14-15km. Course profile resemble a saw blade rather than an Egyptian Pyramid.
- · Water refill & gels are available at approximately the half way mark
- · All Runners are advised to carry your own water. Fill your water at Westwood Lake BEFORE you get on the bus.
- · There will be NO water and NO washrooms at the start line.
- Please use the facilities at Westwood Lake before boarding the bus at 9:30 or use the washrooms on the bus
- · The busses will leave at 9:25 and 9:30 DO NOT MISS THEM!
- · There will be hampers available at the start line to leave any clothing etc that you do not want to race with at the start line. These items will be brought back to the finish line at Westwood Lake. NO VALUABLES! We will not be responsible for lost or stolen items!
- · DO NOT leave anything on the bus!
- · Cutoff at the 8k-water station will be 70 minutes (approx 9 mins/km). Runners missing this cutoff will be shuttled to the finish line. This pace coincides with finishing times for some of the slower runners over the last couple of years.
Thank you again and see you on Easter Friday.